Friday 24 April 2009

Kumarasiri

letter from N. J. Beresford, Calverton in the Nottingham Evening Post, p 14, 21 Apr: "Mr Kumarasiri didn't expect to lose his job? If I was employed to serve customers but instead turned them away to promote my own political agenda I would expect to be shown the door fairly rapidly. Does his next potential employer need to speak perfect English and be aware of, in his own words, his legendary status, and the fact that he is, in his own opinion, the mouthpiece for the majority of ethnic minorities? ... Does our country need another right-wing MEP living it up in Brussels at the tax payers' expense, telling us how to live our lives? Aren't there more important issues than whether people live up to Mr Kumarasiri's patriot standard?"

Ralph's Comment - Mr Kumarasiri simply pointed out that it would shorten queuing times in his post office if immigrants would learn to speak English. When I go to someone else's country I at least try to learn their language and I speak Spanish because I lived in several parts of the Hispanic world. I expect immigrants to my country to make an effort. Given English is our National language in England and a major international language it is clearly of advantage to those immigrants seeking work to learn English. As for accusing Mr Kumarasiri of being right wing he was a Lib Dem councillor before being unfairly ejected - their loss is UKIP's gain. I would happily accept an immigrant of Mr Kumarasiri's calibre and attitude for every white member of the chattering classes who agrees to leave and never return.

No comments:

Post a Comment