Tuesday 20 April 2010

TRINITY TRIP

TRINITY TRIP

Thursday 11th March - Having enquired to Trinity School why no UKIP candidate had been invited to their General Election hustings or indeed during the 2009 Euro Elections I persuaded them to invite me to address their A level Politics class on March 11th. Finding out I had worked at the European parliament Brussels for four years they became very enthusiastic. So, in the end I spoke about UKIP for ten minutes and spent the rest of an hour answering every question they could throw at me about the structure and workings of the EU. How many votes I got I don’t know, but I think I helped a number of young people up their chances in their politics mocks and the real thing later – a much more enduring result and one I hope will lead them to invite UKIP back in future!

As an aside; Croydon Central Independent MP Andrew Pelling later asked for the Croydon Central count to be moved from Trinity School on the grounds (as I understood it) that a Conservative opponent is on the board of governors.

No comments:

Post a Comment